ProBIND Support Forums

August 19, 2017, 05:59:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Due to spam issues, registration is temporarily disabled.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Development Paused  (Read 16592 times)
Michael Johnson
ProBIND Developer
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2009, 08:01:35 AM »

If you have been following commits, you've probably noticed a distinct lack of updates. Unfortunately, there are some personal issues in my family going on which have reduced my time to work on projects.

I hope to get back to work on this soon, but for now there won't be too much going on. Please continue to file bugs and feature requests in the correct place so I'll have a nice selection of things to work on when I can get back to this.
nietzsche

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 01:08:22 AM »

Since development has been stalled since February, can I assume that no work is being done on this project. Or is there a continuation of the development in the near future?

Thanks!
Michael Johnson
ProBIND Developer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 03:23:33 PM »

Development will pick up as soon as I get time. I might fix small issues in SVN as I find time.

I'm currently working on scheduling some migration of server environments for a few customers here at work. Once that is done, I should have more time to concentrate on this and my other projects.
dairenn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 11:05:21 AM »

Hi Michael,

The update is appreciated; all the other web-based interfaces for managing DNS have not been touched in between 5-7 years and as my company's Sr. Systems Administrator, I've been wanting to deploy such an interface to clean up our DNS.  We acquired another hosting company whose DNS admin wrote all their zone files wrong and I've detected bunches of errors in others all along the way.  I want to get to the point that we have standardized DNS administration, and a solution that allows some of our higher-end clients (i.e., dedicated server customers with their own domains) to manage their own zones in a safe and secure way.

I am looking forward to evaluating your project and if I am able to use it, I would like to offer a donation so long as the project is still actively maintained and updated.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Dairenn Lombard
Sr. Systems Administrator
Cyberverse, Inc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: